Have we bitten off more than we can chew?
But what can we do? We're already on a roll and so we just keep going, giving thanks everyday for the many people in our life who are helping us through this part of our journey. So what's all going on?
1. Our baby's due date has come and gone. Not that I'm surprised - but it does mean that any day we will get to meet him/her!!!
2. We have about 2.5 weeks to be out of our current house. That includes packing it up and cleaning it.
3. Our new house has proven to be in worse shape than first expected and TR goes back and forth about whether it is even worth fixing. At this point he is doing his best to fix it and we will be moving out there - but it is taking longer than expected.
4. We had hoped that TR's brother would be coming up to help with the house and at the last minute he had to change plans and couldn't come. As much as we understand it does mean that we're not sure now whether we'll be able to get it liveable in time.
5. I am trying to garden. Thankfully I have had so much help. Yesterday my sister brought me 3 buckets of raspberries that her, my Mom and my niece picked for us! What an incredible gift of love that was. They took time out of their busyness and picked for me. Most of the time I walk out of my garden as quickly as I walked in because the sight of it so overgrown and uncared for makes me feel awful. I did manage to pick some rhubarb the other day and freeze it. This morning I picked some beans and I intend to throw them in my dehydrator.
And I am tired. This week I can especially feel my energy levels dropping rapidly every day. The baby is getting ready and my body is feeling it. I can hardly believe that in 2 weeks we will be saying goodbye to this house where my children have lived their whole lives (except for Chloe - she was 3 months when we moved in). A little sad - but I am also very excited about the adventure! God has answered the prayer of my heart and while it has been hard, I am also incredibly thankful and excited about what He has in store for our family!
Exploring our acreage with our new workhorse :)