Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Are the Liver Capsules Working?

It has been a couple of weeks now since I took my first liver capsule.  (most people I've talked to have said "why don't you just eat liver?" I wish I could . . . . maybe one day I can get over my aversion to it!) I can't say as I've noticed any huge differences - except maybe in my energy level.  Not that I've been bouncing off the walls!  But I haven't felt the need for a nap in a while - which I actually find quite amazing considering that I've been working outside in my garden in the hot sun nearly every day, for many hours.  I often get quite tired, and there have been days that I feel completely wore out by days end - but overall I feel my energy level is higher (not high - just higher :).   On top of the liver capsules I've also been adding some raw egg yokes to my diet.

Raw egg yolks??

Yes! :)  

Since my eggs are fresh and come from a source that I trust (I would be very afraid of consuming raw egg yolks from off the grocery store shelves!) I have no problems consuming them raw.

Here is an excerpt I found from this article:

Many people’s diets are deficient in high quality proteins and fats, and eggs are one the very best sources of these. Raw eggs have many benefits, they contain essential nutrients for the brain, nerves, glands and hormones, they are nutritionally balanced, and we highly recommend the addition of raw eggs to your nutritional programme. The sulphur amino acids help to keep you young, raw eggs also contain an abundance of other vital substances including protein, essential fatty acids along with niacin, riboflavin, biotin, choline, vitamins A, D and E, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, iron, iodine, copper, zinc and sulphur. Egg yolks are one of the few foods that contain vitamin D.

I've read about raw egg yolks in a couple of different books I've read - of course I can't remember exactly which ones right now . . .

My favourite way to eat them is in a cold coffee drink and in homemade ice cream.  The cold coffee drink is a bit of coffee, honey and then lots of cream, milk and one egg yolk.  I often add cocoa powder.  It also tastes amazing with some mint in it.   The cold coffee drink is really like ice cream except it's not frozen :) 

2 comments:

  1. Well I don't think I can handle the thought of drinking a raw egg, but, I do love cookie dough! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!