Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Overdoing It

I have a bad habit of forgetting that I am no longer able to do as much as before!  While my overall well being is so much better this pregnancy - there is one thing that hasn't changed - I bite off more than I can chew.  For example, yesterday I decided that the toys had gotten out of control and so they all got sorted and put away.  It took all morning and it was lots of up and down, lots of sitting on the floor.  You know, normal stuff that shouldn't bother me (when I'm not pregnant that is :).  On top of that we ended up running errands for over 2 hours in the afternoon coming home to quickly make supper and getting the kids to bed.  By the time it was evening I was beyond beat.  Not only tired, but also extremely sore with every step reminding me that I just can't work like I used to.

I find it very frustrating!  I have a whole pile of things I want to do, but I just don't have the endurance and stamina when I'm pregnant.  It's so much better for everyone in our family if I just remember to slow down a little and take breaks in between big projects where I can sit and put my feet up.  I haven't been so tired that I need naps every day, but I still need time to rest.

Of course once I start something it's very difficult to finish.  Do you know the effects of leaving all the toys piled and ready to be sorted only to walk away from it for the day?  Absolute mess.  Worse mess than before.  You may as well have had a tornado blow through because the amount of work leaving something like that half done is worse than not doing it at all!  So what I really need to do is remember before I start something :)

So today I'm planning on taking it a little easier.  A little slower.  And it's cloudy out again today - a good day for sitting in front of the fire anyway :)

(one of my kids took this picture - they love the fire as much as I do :)

1 comment:

  1. just do what I did. went through the house and litterly dumped bins of toys into black garbage bags(4 of them) and then threw it all in the garage. I'll think about it later.
    And girl, slow down, take it easy! it feels like suddenly everything is an emergency and must get done right now. before baby. but it'll all be fine even if you don't clean up.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!