Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Not My Baby Anymore

One of the sad realizations about having another baby is that your current baby is no longer your baby.  I'm not sure what it would be like once your family is complete and there are no new baby's, or what it would be like to have a large age gap between children.  After all - all baby's grow up, even if there are no new ones behind them.  But there is something about bringing home a new baby that makes your youngest seem to age immensely in about 3 seconds.  All of my children have been 2 years old when another baby has been born - and all of a sudden - they seem so much bigger.

And it's sad.

Here's a few pictures of my sweet little Kara Rose.  The cradle was built by my Dad for Kara and it sits in her room.  The other day she was feeling a little sad about something and she wanted to go in there.  So I tucked her in and she cried for a little while and then she wanted to come out and was happy again.  What a sweet silly babe . . . 






1 comment:

  1. Haha, silly girl! Love her facial expressions! :)
    I can't believe she fits in there!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!