Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Morning Sickness

Throughout my pregnancies I have experienced different degrees of morning sickness - not one pregnancy has been the same.  With Chloe I used to throw up every morning after breakfast.  I had a long hall way in that house and I used to run down it every morning half way through breakfast.   I don't know why I didn't just eat in the bathroom!  Hindsight is everything :)  A few times I got sick during lunch at work.  It lasted the typical first trimester and I was very happy to see it go!
With Benjamin I didn't throw up but I felt like it every morning.  I was always so nauseous.  After 3 months it was gone - but returned around 7 months when I did start throwing up.
When I was first pregnant with Kara I honestly worried that I had miscarried.  I didn't like talking about the fact that I was pregnant because in my heart I wondered if she was even still alive.  The reason?  I felt awesome!  I hardly had any nausea, I never felt like throwing up.  It was unlike my other 2 pregnancies in so many ways that I truly questioned it.  When I finally heard her heartbeat my mind could finally rejoice!!  I wondered at the difference between the first 2 and the 3rd and the conclusion I have reached is our diet.  We changed our diet (which you can read about in older posts of this blog) when Ben was about a year a half.  There wouldn't have been tons of time (several months) in between the change and conception of Kara but we did make several very significant changes to the way we eat in a very short time. 

So what about this pregnancy? I am happy to say that this pregnancy seems to be very similar so far to Kara's.  I feel great!  I do get quite sick feeling if I don't eat.  I often forget to snack in the afternoons and pay for it big time!  I get very shaky and have to eat slowly.  I absolutely crave proteins and some meals all I eat is the meat.  Last night my snack was cheese :)  Some foods seriously turn me off and I think I could eat salmon all day long!  Some foods that are so very healthy for me that I used to enjoy - like sauerkraut and fermented salsa - are turning my stomach, which I find disappointing.  I'm hoping that in a few months I will be able to enjoy those foods again.  I have felt great fatigue a few times but not nearly as much as I expected.  I have been drinking kambucha (I know that there are differing opinions on this and the safety of it during pregnancy. I choose to believe that it is okay for me to drink especially considering that I was drinking if before.)  in the morning and again in the afternoon and that helps so much to maintain my energy.  I am thankful beyond words that I feel so good.  It is a wonderful gift from my Father!  I am also thankful that I have the experience of Kara's pregnancy and am not worried that my feeling good is a sign of miscarriage.  That is also a huge blessing!


I have had a great start to this pregnancy and  we are all so very excited about him/her! 

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!