Thursday, August 9, 2012

Cream Substitute

I think I mentioned in a previous post how TR has been unable to have cream lately.  At first when he told me it was bothering him I was a little worried how it would work to take something else out of our diet - but it has actually been just fine.  The kids and I have been eating it still but we hardly go through any cream now which saves some $ :)  Here is how TR has been substituting:
  • Instead of cream on his cereal he's been having applesauce.  
  • I make ice cream out of coconut milk
  • He had fresh raspberries with coconut milk 
That last one had me concerned for a bit.  When I came home with fresh raspberries and knew he wouldn't be able to enjoy them with cream and sugar like we always do (and wait for with great anticipation) I was sad.  But then I remembered the coconut milk and he loved it!  I am so thankful that we have access to so many kinds of food :)
  My girls picking raspberries at Nana's

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!