Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Is trying something new!

Well, I am thinking about trying something new:) We'll see how ambitious I get . . .

I am reading so much lately about why to use sprouted grains/nuts/seeds and the benefit healthwise to doing so. Unfortunately I am having a bit of a hard time finding the sprouted stuff and I'm not sure I want to pay for it. There is an alternative though and that is to soak your flour, oats etc. before using them in baking. The only trouble with this is that I have to plan ahead and I am not a very 'plan ahead' type of baker! If I want brownies, then I make brownies. But if I'm going to be soaking the flour I need to premix the dough at least 12-24 hours ahead of time. So I'm going to make a list (I hope!) and try to make a bunch of soaked goodies for when the baby comes. If I'm smart I'll learn how to always have something on the go so I can have these goodies in the freezer.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!